Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Evan is coming home soon, we hope

Okay, it's been pretty hectic lately, what with rooming in and just the day to day controlled chaos of our lives, so I haven't had much of a chance to post lately.


Evan has been off the ventilator for a week and a few days, and he's still doing wonderful.  WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' VENT!
He's still on supplemental oxygen, but, hey, I'm okay with that for now. 

He's sitting up really well.  I see improvement daily. 

The best news of all... we're talking about possibly coming home on April 3rd.  That's a week from today! 

His belly looks great, and Evan is ready.  We're past ready.  We're looking forward to taking this step. 

We're seeing more and more "normal" behavior from Evan.... He loves to play with daddy and me, and will get so excited that he "runs" while he's lying down with this huge grin on his face.  It's so adorable.

His head shape is looking great- the helmet is doing it's job, and I think we'll see it gone before his first birthday.  Probably well before. 

He's growing- he's at 18 pounds, and his length is pretty decent.  His feet are huge. 


HOME SOON!



 

1 comment:

  1. Wooo-hooo! A home date is spectacular!! One week today...YAY!! Pop and I are ECSTATIC!!!! I am so looking forward to Evan getting away from the trach altogether...but how marvelous it is for him to be vent-free..at last! We are rejoicing here about his soon home-coming. Kiss my grandson for until we can get back up there fr a visit. Love you!

    ReplyDelete