Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Post-birthday

We had a wonderful happy birthday with Evan yesterday. Of course, his party isn't until this weekend, but we still had a great day.

My sweet boy woke up to me singing "happy birthday", which he thought was pretty cool. We then proceeded to have a pretty typical day, except I had a job interview in the afternoon. Dad took off of work early to watch Evan and I actually had a good time at the interview.

I didn't think his birthday would affect me so much, but I couldn't help looking at the clock at 1:40, and thinking to myself, "Evan was born at 1:36 exactly 1 year from today".
I couldn't stop smiling all day, and I sang happy birthday to Evan so many times, he probably thinks its his new theme song.

I can't explain it- I just felt incredibly content, happy, and SO PROUD. I had to laugh, because we were watching the Olympics, and seeing the parents when their child won gold.... Well, I was feeling that EXACT same pride and joy for Evan turning a year old.

Just stop and realize- we were told he had a 30-40% chance of not making it when he was first born. The fact that he is now a happy and mostly healthy one year old brings tears to my eyes.
And boy, do I mean he's happy!
Dad and I have so much fun playing with him. He gets so excited and playful, and is THRILLED to play a game.
He has such a big personality, and I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment