Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We are getting close!

Today I spoke with Evan's surgeon, and he thinks Evan's is healing AWESOME. So we're scheduling the minor surgery to place a g-button for either the end of next week, or the beginning of the week after.
We are also getting soooo close to weaning off the ventilator. He's on a pretty low setting- just 9 breaths per minute and about 22% oxygen. For those not well versed in ventilator-speak, "normal" room air has 21% oxygen, and he has been on as high as 40 breaths per minute.

He's doing really well with his therapy... Although he's making VEEEEEERY slow progress with the bottle.

I will be sure to update as soon as I have a date for the surgery.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this face. :) I miss this sweet boy. Hope to see you guys again soon.

    ReplyDelete