Monday, January 16, 2012

Intros

Christmas- He was not really impressed

Chillin in his crib

All dressed up



"Hey World..... Are you ready for me yet?"

"What was THAT?"

Best present EVER



Okay, so this is my very first blog post about my sweet baby- Evan.  We've been posting his progress at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/babystorey , but I've reached the limit for photos, and opted for something better, in those terms.   
So a quick introduction might be necessary-  Evan Lee Storey was born on July 31st, 2011 at 1:36 PM, 1 month before his due date. He had an omphalocele, containing his liver, and small and large intestines, which was ruptured at birth. He also has pulmonary hypertension, which has caused problems with his breathing. 

He was being helped by Cook Children's in Fort Worth, although initially he was at Harris Methodist, and they did a phenomenal job through the toughest times. We were able to get his organs back into his abdomen using the silo method, and obtained full closure on 8/8/2011. His wound opened up some, got infected, which did not help the breathing issues, and after 5 months, 17 days, here we are!  
Currently, he is in the Transitional Care Unit so that we can get weaned off the ventilator, and mom and dad can learn all about his tracheostomy.  Each day we see gradual progress, and are looking forward to the day we can bring him home.
I know all mothers a pretty proud of their children, but Evan is AWESOME- he's overcome so very much, and I feel the need to share his awesomeness with the entire world.  

This blog might have a lot of medical terms thrown in......  I'll do my best to clarify, and explain things as best I can.  After 5 1/2 months of being in the hospital with him, and doing the majority of his care, I'd like to think I've got a pretty good handle on medical terms and explanations.  
And if not, there's always Google.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I love the pics of that little blessing Evan is!! Hes adorable! Watch out, when he grows up, he's gonba be a lady killer with those pretty eyes and awesome smile! Praying he comes home soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog, sweetie! Kiss my grandson<3 Praying Evan astounds his doctors with his progress...he's already astounded US with his cuteness!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found ya!

    That's the first pic I've seen of Evan's poor little tummy. :(

    Thanks for keeping us posted; I appreciate being kept in the loop.









    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete