Friday, January 10, 2014

Still life?

You know all those "Still Life" paintings that were painted with artfully placed bowls and fruit and such? 

Yeah. 
Not happening if you have kids. 

I can barely catch something with a camera. 

Yesterday I made a plate of pancakes for lunch (breakfast/lunch) and put Kayla in her high chair. I put the plate down on the table, turned my back for a second to address an issue Evan was having involving a toy and a too-small hole, and turned to find my plate of pancakes had magically slid onto Kayla's high chair tray. 
Thankfully, it was a paper plate (yeah, I got class).  Taking that towering plate of pancakes away from my daughter was like trying to convince a cat to go swimming. I swear her hair stood on end. 

And Evan was all like:

Kidding. I just love that picture. 


I am sleep deprived thanks to the usual Mommy routine.  Kayla has had some issues the past 4 nights. 

She's mocking me here. 

In other news, Evan gained 4 pounds in just a month. All without using his gbutton at all. 
I'm exhausted for multiple reasons, and chasing him around trying to shove food into his mouth is one of them. 

This is reason #80

See how I can't even take an un-blurry pic?  These kids are always moving. 


It took me 30 tries to get this picture. Evan has pudding on his shirt. 



Who needs a "Still Life" when you got a kid that is able to run forward, turn around and tell me to "go get up" (his version of "hurry up") 
I'll take that any day, despite my obvious exhaustion. 

2 comments:

  1. I know your life is Super-busy....even crazy-busy right now...I love these kiddos so much! Wish I were closer...I would be able to give a much-needed break. We can start getting Evan for a few days anyway....and Kayla when she's weaned <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a beautiful thing! Precious is every monent! Enjoy! xox

    ReplyDelete